The telephone has been one of the inventions that has improved the way of life of the people, allowing communication between us, facilitating commercial transactions, finally approaching us more day by day. In principle, it is discovered that the human voice could be transmitted over only a direct current, a discovery attributed to Alexander Graham Bell in 1876 but then actually awarded in 2002 to Antonio Meucci, who had invented the “teletrófono” in 1860.
Basically it is a microphone that modifies the resistance and intensity of the current passing through a circuit stimulating a membrane and thus transporting the sound.
The connection in those times was made by cables, the wiring is currently maintained in a local telephone network but over long distances radio or satellites are used.
After all its evolution we reached the conventional telephony as we know it today, the fixed and the cellular, so then two decades ago there arises a communication aspect called VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) for its acronym in English Voice over IP as We know in Spanish.
This new technology allowed an extraordinary evolution in the world of communication, it is about transmitting the voice through a channel based on a data network, our voice is digitized, compressed and sent, then the receiver performs the reverse process .
WHAT ARE SOME OF THEIR DIFFERENCES?
- The limitation of simultaneous calls disappears with VoIP technology, we do not limit ourselves to a single channel of an analog line or the 32 channels of a digital one.
- Voice over IP technology, based on a data network, can interconnect sites even in different countries with the same identification number.
- All the additional services that include a voice over IP service with IP PBX, such as voice mail, call transfer, detailed billing, among others, previously represented a considerable expense with conventional technology, as it required additional equipment.
- VoIP technology implements security protocols that make it less vulnerable than conventional technology.
- VoIP telephony allows one of its many features to carry an extension of a telephone exchange outside of a local network, which represents a great advantage for many companies.
- While conventional telephony only connects two point-to-point terminals, with VoIP telephony you have multi-device solutions.
DID YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCES?